19 coaches online • Server time: 02:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League zombie...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just downloaded the latest client patch, 2.28.0.
I've read the change log but I don't see any mention about Cindy Piewhistle.

Has she been banned and the change log just omitted it?
Since now she's a Mega-Star, I guess she should not be available anymore, with the latest patch.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

That was in the previous update

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

No mention of that in the previous patch either (2.27.0).
I played 2 games with Cindy on 28/05/2024 so I'm sure that she was still available recently.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Megastar setting is handled on the site and Christer applied that after the last faq came out.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Cindy Piewhistle was not available from the list of Inducements when last I used Gnomes. So I would assume you are safe from her on pitch antics now! She just needed a nerf imho. No more Accurate, Limit the teams she can play for and an increase in price would of been sufficient. Perhaps loosing dodge and gaining running pass (Hit & Run) would have made her a more interesting character. But no make her a "MEGA-STAR" Jeesh! This is why stunty teams can't have noice things!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I see, thank you very much! Good to know!
As an aside, my issue with her is when people hired her as overdogs.
Yes, I think that Stunty teams should have bombers (not OP ones, though). Stunty teams should be about Secret Weapons and deranged gameplay. Outright banning her rather than nerfing her sounds wrong to me as well but, since they are unable to balance Star Players, then a banned Cindy is better than an OP Cindy.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My issue with her is that some teams could get her that absolutely did not need a player like that (dwarves, norse, humans for example). Easy nerf would have just make her available only to halfling thimble cup.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The next edition needs more special rules. Chaos Dwarfs and Skaven shouldn't have very many stars in common.

That, and Bomber and Cindy were the worst kind of design mistake, and they should have seen that coming a mile away. Like, if Bomber and Cindy both had some other skill instead of Accurate (Cannoneer or HMP would have been funny), Bombardier didn't come with MB, and they cost like 95k and 85k respectively, they'd have been hilarious.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %01, %2024 - %16:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Carthage

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"Chaos Dwarves shouldn't (exist)."

I fixed it for you JR.
 Jump to: