20 coaches online • Server time: 07:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Wotfudboy's Dryad team is...
Pretty close to being a good stunty roster!
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
Close but no cigar... see my post for suggestions.
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Scrap it! The idea is woeful and I'm going to flame you!
48%
 48%  [ 18 ]
I want to vote for something, but not the above options.
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2007 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
Count_Von_Halseburg wrote:
What about some undead trees? \0/

Actually I suppose I could work on a roster that was from the Dark Woods and work on the fluff, and somehow crowbarring regenerate in there somewhere... hmmm...

And just for Count_Von_Halseburg... Edit 1 (in keeping with changes to the primary Dryad roster)

Dark Forest Stunty Team

0-1x "Dark Forest King" Treeman, 2/6/1/10, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Big Guy, Stand Firm, Take Root, Throw Team Mate. 110k
The Treeman is the foundation of any Darkwood team.

0-2x "Twisted Foliage" 2/3/1/7, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Take Root, Tentacles, Regenerate (Physical Access only). 90k
The horrifying spawn of the Darkwood King come to take their Dark Lord's side. The corruption of nature allows these players to mutate into horrible beings of dreaded repute.

0-2x Worshippers of Corruption 5/2/2/7, Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, Two Heads, Really Stupid, Regenerate (General Access only). 70k
The call of the evil spirits of the Dark Forest are strong, and often they are lost in prayer to their dark ones, therefore often fall into a "Really Stupid" like trance. Their mutated bodies feature two heads, as a reward for their dedication to the powers of evil.

0-2x Mutant Owl 6/1/3/5, Dodge, Stunty, Two Heads, Claw, Dauntless, Leap, No Hands, Wild Animal, Regenerate (Agility Access only). 60k
Even the forest creatures have not escaped corruption. This twisted and evil bird has grown two heads and has fearsome talons.

1-11x Blistered Seedlings, 5/2/3/6, Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate (Agility Access only). 40k
The seedlings of the Dark Lord have not yet grown into larger beings, like the Twisted Foliage.

Starting RR cost = 70k, doubling to 140k once team chosen.
Apoth = N
Wizard = N

Typical Starting Roster

Fan Factor 8 (80k)
ReRolls x 3 (210k)
1 Dark Forest King (110k)
2 Twisted Foliage (180k)
2 Worshippers of Corruption (140k)
2 Mutant Owl (120k)
4 Blistered Seedlings (160k)

(11 players for 1000k)

Last edited by Wotfudboy on %b %02, %2007 - %13:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Count_Von_Halseburg

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2007 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
Wotfudboy wrote:
What about some undead trees? \0/

Actually I suppose I could work on a roster that was from the Dark Woods and work on the fluff, and somehow crowbarring regenerate in there somewhere... hmmm...

And just for Count_Von_Halseburg...

Dark Forest Stunty Team

0-1x "Dark Forest King" Treeman, 2/6/1/10, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Big Guy, Stand Firm, Take Root, Throw Team Mate. 110k
The Treeman is the foundation of any Darkwood team.

0-2x "Twisted Foliage" 2/3/1/7, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Take Root, Tentacles, Regenerate (Physical Access only). 90k
The horrifying spawn of the Darkwood King come to take their Dark Lord's side. The corruption of nature allows these players to mutate into horrible beings of dreaded repute.

0-2x Worshippers of Corruption 5/2/2/7, Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, Two Heads, Bone Head, Regenerate (General Access only). 70k
The call of the evil spirits of the Dark Forest are strong, and often they are lost in prayer to their dark ones, therefore often fall into a "Bone Head" like trance. Their mutated bodies feature two heads, as a reward for their dedication to the powers of evil.

0-2x Mutant Owl 6/1/3/5, Dodge, Stunty, Two Heads, Claw, Dauntless, Leap, No Hands, Regenerate (Agility Access only). 60k
Even the forest creatures have not escaped corruption. This twisted and evil bird has grown two heads and has fearsome talons.

1-11x Blistered Seedlings, 5/2/3/6, Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate (Agility Access only). 40k
The seedlings of the Dark Lord have not yet grown into larger beings, like the Twisted Foliage.

Starting RR cost = 70k, doubling to 140k once team chosen.
Apoth = N
Wizard = N

Typical Starting Roster

Fan Factor 8 (80k)
ReRolls x 3 (210k)
1 Dark Forest King (110k)
2 Twisted Foliage (180k)
2 Worshippers of Corruption (140k)
2 Mutant Owl (120k)
4 Blistered Seedlings (160k)

(11 players for 1000k)

That is awesome! Id play that team! and Deadlings if they ever get put in!!
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2007 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting back to the Dryad team though...

After speaking to some people in the Stunty channel, I have removed the ag4 from the Dryad players... changing them to ag3 but adding two heads to help show that they are small and difficult to grab when dodging... so that should remove the passing/picking up strengths without ruining the dodging ability. See EDIT 2 on the original post.

I appreciate everyone's input to this team. Thanks!

Last edited by Wotfudboy on %b %31, %2007 - %20:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2007 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

That is awesome! Id play that team! and Deadlings if they ever get put in!!

Glad you like them! =)
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2007 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

if your going by warhammer fluff dryads are more like small treemen
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2007 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

yawn

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
if your going by warhammer fluff dryads are more like small treemen

I'm not.

And as for Gebannus's "yawn" ... what's boring about them?
Stilgar

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i think they are more interesting the other stunty teams out there....(ie nurgs...big yawn there!! nurglings and beasts..thats it! ya, thats fun to play with....and even worse to play against...boring)
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings shouldn't be the excuse for more boring teams...

However, the team has potential. Guess it just seems like the fluff is gonna have to be too much like the fairy fluff.

BTW the 5 St 3+ players is pretty dull. If you MUST keep all four dryads (for theme) then at least drop the oak.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the bird. Was it inspired by my deadling proposal or just a coincidence? Smile

The problem in my view is that the team gets too bashy. Claw on the bird and S access for the saplings means means 6 mb'ish players. Perhaps not all at the same time, but it is still too much. Especially since the saplings have tackle and the falcon dauntless. You got a team that can just wreck other teams to bits on a good day.

I think dauntless and claw is basically an impossible combination when the G access on big guys is removed by the way. Lots of players would refuse to play their minotaurs against such a BG killer.

Combined with two heads and side step you got yourself some amazing scorers as well in a league with few tacklers.

The dauntless on the falcon has to go and the saplings needs to be handicaped further to make up for their extreme bashing power. Take root isn't such a big problem as it might seem when they can reroll their way out of it. Maybe put Really Stupid on them to force those Tree Tenders to really care to them?
I would also remove both the two heads and side step on the dryads. With so many bashers and a great blitzer they need a downside and that should be fragile and quite slow moving scorers. Mind you that this still puts them in line with halflings. Fluff wise this might not go in line with how dryads are, but you can't excuse overpowering a team just because the fluff is fitting Wink

The nerfing of the team should perhaps warrant some slight cuts in reroll costs and things like that.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
you can't excuse overpowering a team just because the fluff is fitting Wink

ELVES Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Still way to unbalanced.

First of all, you have an ultra mobile blitzer (2 + dodge ANYWHERE) with dauntless and claw to start with. How many other teams have that?

Throw in the plethera of survivable ST 3 guys.... who start with Tackle. How many other teams in stunty have even a single player who starts with tackle? Think this is a coincidence?

Next you have linos who incredibly are able to dodge anywhere on a 2+. Name the other team with this ability.... Notice all their weakpoints.

Finally, tack on a tree who is probably the best big guy for beating up on opposing BGs.

I ask you.... where is the downside?

Its not MA, since this team is of average speed at the worst (faster then gnomes and snots.... even with chaos flings). AV 5 doesn't matter when you only have to field 3 basic linos thanks to the high number of positionals.

If you are serious about this team, then use fluff after you work out the balance. Toss out completely the Falcon (if anything, he is a star) and Tree Tenders. Expect to lose tackle and two heads. The idea of using two heads "to help show that they are small and difficult to grab when dodging" is wrong. Thats what stunty is for.

Best of luck to you,
__Synn
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
First of all, you have an ultra mobile blitzer (2 + dodge ANYWHERE) with dauntless and claw to start with. How many other teams have that?

and to compound this...

the ultra mobile blitzer is ma6....

ma6, 2+ dodges everywhere, claw/dauntless/leap...

that's just sick...

imo, this team kinda feels like it suffers from skill-itis....how many skills can we stack on a player?

less is more...not every 0spp player has to fill the skill window

--j

ImageImage
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok... Let more tweaking commence (EDIT 3):

1) In answer to Sillysod, it's difficult when developing other stunty teams as there will always be something that has similarities to another stunty team. Someone else said to drop the oak previously as well, but then they won't have anything to hold off other big guys, and unlike other non-big guy teams they won't have chainsaws or daggers or dirty players to fall back on to do the damage. I could possibly drop them down to 3 Saplings maybe.

2) Pirog... Sorry mate... I haven't seen your deadling proposal... I will check it out after posting this... I just thought the Falcon fitted well in the fluff. I like the idea of Dauntless on this bird, but I understand claw would make it a powerful weapon. I want to keep the bird, so to tone it down I will remove claw... and I've also added Wild Animal (which I meant to do in the first place but forgot!) but to justify the cost I should think about raising the Str back to 2 or add sidestep and keep Str1. Suggestions?

I also hear what you say about the Dryads two heads... I didn't really like it fluff wise anyway, so will remove that. I love the idea of the tree tenders having Really Stupid on them... to show that they are in spiritual contact with the trees... and also they work better when close to them... hmm like it...

3) Synn... and Shadow, hopefully I have addressed your concerns through my response to Pirog. The only thing I wasn't sure of was giving the Saplings Tackle or Tentacles... if Tackle is too much then maybe Tentacles would work? I don't want to toss out players if I can help it... I find that when coaching stunty teams I like the interest of variation. See what my changes do to the roster now, and I would value your further input (along with all others that have commented so far). If you can revisit the top post roster then I would appreciate it (once I've made the Edit 3 changes!).
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2007 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Lower the number of positionals. You currently have 8.

The falcon is a mess. Here is the issue....

You said: "I just thought the Falcon fitted well in the fluff." The problem with this is that fluff can justify a lot of things that have no business being involved in the game of BB. Would a Falcon really need to help a Dryad team play BloodBowl? How would it know the rules?

Thanks to the rich fluff your team has (and it does) you have internally justified an insanely powerful stunty team. The falcon is a star at best. That is a player i would take for ranked. The saplings should have NEITHER tackle or tents. Those are two of the most powerful skills in stunty.

Why do the linos start with side step? That is a pretty useful skill to start with. I don't see the fluff justifying it. I am sure a dryad is no tougher to catch then a pixie or a leprechaun.

Good luck on EDIT#4.

Peace,
__Synn
 Jump to: