21 coaches online • Server time: 07:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
azatote

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2024 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I had a thought that the Swarming trait would fit zombies well, as they are all about endless hordes of worthless corpses. So based on this idea, I have tried to design a zombie team for the Secret League. Here are my ideas. Feedback and ideas to improve their balance are very welcome.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MtnnGh2zzc5Kq9DCwMoJmjMuo_7aH3Nq/view?usp=sharing

The lineman has obviously to be the zombie, with the added Swarming skill. I have decided to change its cost to 45k, as 50k seemed to be too expensive for a zombie.

I could have added a runner positional, typically 0-2 ghouls, but I thought they would not make for a fun gameplay. So instead I have given the team 0-2 human necromancers. They have the stats line of a human, but the Regeneration and Foul Appearance skills to represent their mastery of the dark arts and their unwholesome aspect. I have also given them Leader, as they are commanding their undead teammates. There are two of them because they are the only players able to play the ball, and not so well. If there was only one, incapacitating him would cripple the team way too much.

Finally, I have given them 0-2 flesh golems, who are zombie-like positionals giving them some more punch and control of the line. The team rules and rerolls are the same as the other undead teams. The typical 1000k roster contains 13 players including all four positionals, and two rerolls plus the Leader one for 995k.

The team is clearly meant for attrition game, using their numbers to hit their opponents and foul them. They are way too slow for scoring quickly, especially since they want to always keep the necromancers well protected.

Before creating and trying this team, I would like to hear your thoughts. I am willing to adjust the player prices, change some competences and/or add another positional.
vharter1976

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2024 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

undead beer boar wit foul apperance or jump up for zombies
Hovring

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2024 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea!

I would give the necromancer pick me up. It goes well with the concept of them commanding the zombies and adds a strategic layer to positioning.
KidCrestHill

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2024 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this team and the Idea of pick me up
DauntlessFling

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2024 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Special team rule: Whenever a necromancer rolls skulls, it gets mighty blow +1 and pows instead.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2024 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

make the Necromancer 5 3 3+ 3+ 8+ and give it Stab, all necromancers carry a dagger! They're not particularly fast not resilient, St 3 because they surely have some unholy enchantment

Java

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2024 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The necromancer is supposed to be the coach

The support positional with pick me up and ball carrying duties could be the Igor

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Your analysis is very good, I also really want to join this group
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have this team idea as a side quest in my league:

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?id=1117508

When it gets rolling it can absolutely destroy opponents. I think 45k is too cheap for a swarming st3 unit.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You’d have to make the swarming zombie have 0 primary options to keep cost at 50k I think.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

azatote wrote:

Before creating and trying this team, I would like to hear your thoughts. I am willing to adjust the player prices, change some competences and/or add another positional.

Anyone can create a roster.

But it won't be a Secret League roster without Garion's say so.

Jump to: