42 coaches online • Server time: 17:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Is there a way to en...goto Post A Guide to Finding G...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Extra games is even worse idea, that would give someone a 3 game lead for just playing games. Didnt think that completely thru ?

Point of gauntlet is to git gud and enter 15 game team, no ?

Also you already for some silly reason get 3 stars from BBT win, why would you get stars for just playing games ?

Ps. Give rumbles BIG star instead.

Luv.

Merreh

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus dude.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually agree with MerryZ. Very Happy

You have three wildcards? You could use those with no extra messing around.

Though, I still think that those should go to teams with the next best records.

You could run another tournament for the 60 Club. But that is more work for the admins.

Easier solution. Give them a badge if you don't already. Smile

As for adding all 60 Club coaches...

That would allow people to prioritise building a team for the Gauntlet over winning as they wouldn't need to win to get there.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If the wildcards are added in a format where its an evenly distributed knockout without byes then the top teams do not benefit from their good performance. I would prefer no wildcards, including my team in such a scenario. It is all about not having skidmark delivery. I am fine with hearing other perspectives.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 10:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Edit: Who gets the wildcards now?

The algorithm is somewhat complicated. I'll write a blog post about it so it doesn't get hidden in the middle of a forum thread.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Does "best record" have much to do with it? Smile

Is there a link on the site to the Gauntlet? Who won?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. So it's complicated enough that we won't be changing it. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, while its complicated, murker's idea would effectively simply limit wildcards to 2, and the 32nd would be a lottery instead. The algorithm wouldn't change, there would just be less slots for the offers.

Not saying that means we have to implement murkers idea, just that the complexity of the algorithm as described shouldn't be the reason to say no.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2024 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The original idea said "at least one". Complicated enough that it won't be three? Smile

But however many, it would be more work than just leaving it alone.

Giving them a badge doesn't require any dev effort other than maybe linking to the badge.
But I'm still waiting for the link to the actual Gauntlet. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2024 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope Christer is doing his best on BIG stars on rumbles.

He cant be so stupid as ruining good and working system.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2024 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

my 2 cents
Are we sure that a wild card for a tournament will motivate a coach to complete 60 games with all his squad's teams? Not sure... (at least not for me).

Usually when i decided to leave a BBT team behind is because it was not performing well with that team (inefficient roster, high loss rate, bad results... etc.)
As was perfectly summarized by smeborg here
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32609 the chance of winning is much higher for those teams that have super-efficient rosters. If after 5-10 games (maybe with tiers5 or Tiers6 team) the situation is so desperate I quit the team. Expecially if TV is too high or too low. And i don't think i am alone in this practice.

So I don't think a wildcard to enter a tournament motivates (at least me) to continue playing with a very unlucky underperforming team with unefficient roster and or not optimized TV in BT.

Maybe another kind of motivation (MVP of choice, extra skills, healing potions...) to modify this roster in something more playable will be a nice incentive.
Otherwise enter a tournament with 15 games team with 5/5/5 scoring and no any special players is a waste of time not fun, because I know in the tournament i will meet much more optimized rosters than mine, it is like start a game with handicap.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2024 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think many people cannot play 60 games. I grind matches, but my schedule is often unpermitting of having an eligible team. However, 60 games eligibility is fine.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2024 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of a lottery I’d be happy to see spot 32 go to the next best result from a squad that played all 60 games.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2024 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
Instead of a lottery I’d be happy to see spot 32 go to the next best result from a squad that played all 60 games.

Now there's an idea I could get behind. Probably still not good though because then you can sacrifice record a little bit to greed for a much better team.

You don't want a team winning gauntlet because they won fewer games and got more SPP while in BBT
 Jump to: