68 coaches online • Server time: 23:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Disable Keyboard Com...goto Post More in-built icon c...goto Post 2020 FDL Evaluation ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ulanstro

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2024 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings!
Does anyone else feel the need for atleast 2-3 more icon color options in the settings for some roleplay purposes (e.g. for Nurgle/Slaanesh devoted teams and e.t.c.)?
I firmly believe that it would be awesome to have a few more options other then Red and Blue, even if they would work in a similar way as the Font colors settings (changes are visible only for the actual user).
Thanks for Your attention.
Gengis

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2024 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea! But i don't know how it works and if it's possible to implement.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2024 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I bet you could get a volunteer in 2 seconds to make a 'lighter' and a 'darker' grayscale version of the standard team icons we have now. That would bring the options available up to 4.. red/blue/light grey (white team)/ dark grey (black team).

I think the client would need a new a menu to select the home & away icon colors.

(I would also happily make a green, yellow, white, black and brown version of all the standard icon uniforms.. and the star players)

But if I understand how the system works, the client uses the right or left side of the current icon packs for the home and away team, meaning red/blue or blue/red are the only options.

I wonder if you could substitute different color 'sets' into the client more easily than actually picking a home team color. Meaning you would have to swap the red/blue choice for a white/black choice, or a yellow/brown choice, or a light/dark grayscale choice.

Anyway.. I agree, OP, more colors is more fun, imo. And I'm happy to play with icon colors. But the size of the ask for client modification might be large.

"The juice might not be worth the squeeze."

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2024 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a fun idea to play with.

Also.. who knew human lineman #8 was an Amazon defector with a proper helmet on? I didn't see it until I changed the uniform color to black.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2024 - 22:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
I wonder if you could substitute different color 'sets' into the client more easily than actually picking a home team color.

In theory, yes. This is something in the plans with the "larger icons" project (slowly) being worked on.

The current icon set doesn't support that as the colours used isn't unified (even across a single icon), and therefore it's hard to programmatically replace the colours.
 Jump to: