35 coaches online • Server time: 00:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Hi total noob heregoto Post It's NOT a Rumb...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bitter

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2024 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I am currently enjoying exactly zero victories against Tomb Kings. Best case scenario is a draw.

Add guard to some or all of the tomb guardians and they're too hard to take on and if I'm playing AG3+ teams it's hard to dodge away.

I can of course envision games where I would win - getting a kick off blitz and stealing the ball before they get to it. But, yeah that's about it.

Have you ever beaten Tomb Kings without the dodge skills of an elf?
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2024 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Outposition them and bash harder: skeleton armor breaks from 8!
TG seem impressive, but they're decaying. it's easy-ish for them to go off the field. Khemri were THE bashers until they replaced the mummies with those insipid coils of bandages.
Tackle the ball asap, with ag2 picking up the ball it's not so obvious...

Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2024 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Throw zombies against the tomb guardians. Watch the rest of the team fail to move anywhere when you control where the tomb guardians go.
Solaris

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2024 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

don't let the guardians more than one of your players. So u have enough players to hurt the above mentioned skeletons with AV8+ and hunt the ball carrior

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2024 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

don't let the guardians more than one of your players. So u have enough players to hurt the above mentioned skeletons with AV8+ and hunt the ball carrior

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2024 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2024 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have good armor (orcs for instance) you can use a lineorc to base up each of the tomb guardians on key plays. Itll get them stuck really quick because they can't dodge either. Then use the big'uns to base up S3 players and screen with your other orcs and holes will open quickly
You can do this with other AG3+ teams too but you want to make sure when you do it, its critical and not just giving free hits for no reason. Also, if you have block, a red die block is less likely to fail (ie have a skull come up) than a 3+ dodge by about 3%
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2024 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The skeles are weak and usually unskilled
The positionals are vital, if they leave the pitch the team gets a lot weaker
They're slow. They'll struggle to score in 2-3 turns, which means you don't need to stall as long
They're bad at picking up the ball. If you can sack them and/or put tacklezones on the ball, they'll probably struggle to retrieve it
They're bad at passing even though they have throwers

If none of those sound like enough of an advantage to beat them, it's because you're not leaning into those advantages enough. In other words, you've probably been caught up in playing the way they want to play

TG want to play a slow bashy grind with contact and fouls
If you get sucked into that game, you'll probably lose
So you need to avoid that. try and spread the game out, use the full space on the pitch, etc
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2024 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

On defence: set up aggressively (Chevron) and kick deep. Try to go after the ball before they sucessfully cage (the low agility pickups can create real problems for them). Worst case scenario, you can delay their drive and create time pressure. Set up your LOS asymmetrically - force the Tomb Guardians to one side of the pitch for the initial blocks. Occupy the centre of the pitch and pin them if they roll to a sideline. Once they've caged successfully, settle in for the long grind, wait for them to make a mistake or run out of time. Oh - and don't let your players get isolated -> Khemri teams are not above fouling.

Scoring against Khemri: relatively straight forward -> get some receivers in behind their defensive line -> force them to break up their defence chasing your receivers in the back field, while you roll a cage forward.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2024 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are playing AG 3+ teams and not able to dodge away easily, you might consider taking Dauntless on some players.
Even just one Dauntless player can open a gap by blitzing a Tomb Guardian somewhere.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2024 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

that has to be worst suggest ever. 3+ for dauntless roll on str3 player 3+ or 5+ if that works for block (bdown is either turnover or forces a dodge because you dont make space)

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2024 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless on players with either Wrestle or Block, I thought that it was obvious.
Also, if possible, Dauntless players should have assists, that's another obvious thing that it's better to specify.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2024 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you beat Tomb Kings if you're not an Elf?

Get in their way...
That's really the answer. Just stand in their way and apply pressure at the correct time.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2024 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If you really, really want to learn how to beat Tomb Kings, I'll show you exactly how to learn.

Make a tomb kings team. Activate it in box. The coaches there will show you how to beat it.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2024 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Dauntless on players with either Wrestle or Block, I thought that it was obvious.
Also, if possible, Dauntless players should have assists, that's another obvious thing that it's better to specify.

As again you dont play the game at all. Getting 2 assist with dless is as easy as doing that block as 1d. Please dont suggest idiot plays to new people. They for some reason might listen.

Yes it might sound good to block TG with slayer on dworf team. But no, its not a game plan