47 coaches online • Server time: 23:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are great!goto Post Coach Standinggoto Post New special rule for...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Joost

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Don't overthink it. It's a nice number. It is one of those things that would add a little flavour for some people.

It might be a small incentive for some people to play. Is there any harm in doing it?

Fully agree!
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I agree too at the end is a nice thing I don’t say no.

I just doubt this will incentive coaches to play more but why not to try.

Reasons of my posts was to develop the fact that coach rating (coach standing?) and /win rate does not have always a direct link with true coach ability , so write this as a “record” in coach page is debatable .

BTW someone can explain me difference between Coach Standing and Coach Rating ?

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

This whole side-track thing is distracting from the OP and is kinda pointless

Anyway, rating is number of points, eg 1500
standing / ranking is how it compares to other coaches, eg 100th ranked
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx...
Just had another idea:
Because we have 4 "metrics/formats" in Fumbbl to rank coaches maybe list in the drop down display all the four "records" achieved:

- Highest Coach Standing Achieved in "Overal"
- Highest Coach Standing Achieved in "Tournament"
- Highest Coach Standing Achieved in "Blackbox"
- Highest Coach Standing Achieved in "Open"

In this way maybe coaches are motivated to play more games also in different formats to reach a sort of "Grand Slam!" (Highest Coach Standing Achieved in all ranked formats!?!?)

what do you think , will make sense? Cool

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Like I said on page 1, you can already see your ratings on a chart over time so it shows your peak, and it already can be broken up by these categories, even by specific race
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes i see. You can see your rating but not a record who explicitly show your best standings for each format.

If I understand The Murker proposal this explicit record could motivate coaches to play more games.

Even if I would not make this "highest standing achieved" fixed but will reset periodically (maybe every year) to avoid what Thoriin envisaged

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Fact is that, when I offered RDaneel to play a game at TV 1000 with starting teams of his choice, same rosters, same races, he refused to play vs me.
Maybe even starting teams at TV 1000 of his choice with same rosters are unfair for him.
It's the kind of guy who likes to talk a lot but afraid to play vs people he mocks. Very Happy

You know where you can find me, if you want to show your champion virility, tactical genius with 55% win rate!

You don't even grasp the simple concept that statistics need a big sample of games played to be meaningful.
Playing 13 games with Amazons and having a losing record doesn't necessarily mean that somebody can't play Amazons.
Do you have some races top 1 in the Box? No. At least I have achieved top 1 with some of the teams I play.
You should first try to get better, before mocking who is higher ranked than you.
And anyway, my win rate with Vampires is higher than yours, that's a fact.
You are free to play Vampires for 27 or more games and achieving top 1 in the Box with them, then your yapping will be backed up by a fact.
You play on Gamefinder and dare to criticize a guy like me activating only in the Box (so I can't pick easy match-ups to pimp my win rate and teams), it's super funny!
Play only in the Box and achieve top 1 with the races you play, although I understand that it's way harder than mocking people on forums.
It's always: "oh easy with a team older than 15 games".
You are free to play teams for more than 15 games, I'm not stopping you.
If you think that it's easy, do it too, and let's see if you can do better.
I'm not the only guy allowed to play teams for more than 15 games, you can do it too.
Since for you it's easy, do it, back what you say with facts.
I know I should ignore trolls, but after a while the spam of troll posts in every thread gets annoying.

MattDakka's champion's virility vs RDaneel's tactical genius, loser is permabanned from site.

Tickets on sale, contact me to buy them today!

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

And the winner has to play against asteflix vampires. Loser gets permabanned!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2024 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The developers of the game Eve Online have their own band who plays gigs at conventions etc called Permaband Very Happy
CrisisChris

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2024 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I am not in the target group, but for me this whole CR, rank etc. topic is a bit of a thing that may be most important for only a small group of coaches.

Just as a food for thought: I played some games during the last nine month. My CR and win rate look quite good, but I am far from a good coach. Even if the number of games played in the box is very limited, but the win rate there is a much better indicator for my poor coaching skills, but... I just do not like to play Box. One the one handside the environment is much too competitive and honestly I want to decide which team I play. It is not so much the coach but more about the type of game I like to play.

So for me some kind of anonymous GF would be great. You can see the teams offered. Without any data like team name, coach name etc. Im am not yet sure if it would be better to see a team overview (Players, skills etc.) or not. The mentioned Statfreak issue would be a pro for it.

Maybe this could be somehow a mediator between Box and current GF Picking?

Coming back to the initial question: I do not see a big benefit for a highest rank achieved metric. I guess it will even more lead to cherrypicking.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2024 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You're already in the right place. Very Happy

Box for leagues would be cool.

Jump to: