38 coaches online • Server time: 15:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chorfs, No Tackle?! ...goto Post It's NOT a Rumb...goto Post Stars only in BB3
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CrisisChris

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2024 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of a non-permanent component of stat decreases. Which could be explained by healing an injury over time.

Furthermore I would highly appreciate some adjustments to the Injury and CAS tables:

Injury roll (2d6)
2-7 Stunned
8-9 KO
10 BH
11+ CAS

(Stunties apply +1 modifier)

CAS roll (2d6!)
2-7 BH
8-9 Injury (MNG + Stat decreases in Game 2, No further effects after that)
10 Injury + NI
11+ dead!

This would also align the tables / dice a bit. Which ist only a minor topic, but why not utilize such effects If possible?

Maybe it would also be possible to do all the other d16 rolls as 2d6s and implement some weighting?
Drrek

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2024 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be careful trying to lower attrition, it probably is a bit too rough in this edition, but attrition is an important part of the game to keep teams in check. If I were taking steps to swing the pendulum back a bit, I'd fo as small of changes as possible to attrition to avoid swinging too far
CrisisChris

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2024 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

@Drrek: I also get that point, but the thing is that attrition effects teams very differently. And that needs to be corrected in my oppinion.

Bash has a clear advantage in the long in my oppinion. They do not only suffer less from attrition due to their higher AV (or regen etc.) but they also develop faster because of the CAS SPP.

So in case you promote keeping the attrition as it is to keep teams in check... I am OK with that as long as there is a mechanism to balance that.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2024 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a more interesting stat up system, a bit more random and variable. The present one is too prone to people going +MA stacking on specific chars or ignoring it. The old stat freaks made for interesting and memorable characters, though it did have balance issues of its own.

It also tends to be too costly if you want something like +AV; and +AG and +ST are a bit too expensive atm, considering how AG is less useful than it used to be.

Aside from that the main thing I wnat is a better passing system.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2024 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Drrek wrote:
I'd be careful trying to lower attrition, it probably is a bit too rough in this edition, but attrition is an important part of the game to keep teams in check. If I were taking steps to swing the pendulum back a bit, I'd fo as small of changes as possible to attrition to avoid swinging too far

The answer to that is bring back claw-mb interaction.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

make (more, or just all) skills work without tackle zones (aka nerf hypno, but also make getting of the ground less confusing)
make skills like dodge work on blitz and other out of turn movement
nerf sneaky git (e.g. go back to sending off on armour roll when it passes)
re-cost bomber and cindy to 150k or so
adjust other megastars
make piling on less of a complete joke
rework some of the really really shitty skills to be playable
give, like, every player that's not a dedicated thrower +1 Pa
get rid of wildly inaccurate completely
don't add any new things that are completely stupid
back to 1 reroll per turn (current approach is fine but still imo worse)
Bitter

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

A comprehensive list of which skills/traits that work even when a player has lost their TZ would be nice.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea. Ideally a big table, with yes/no in the columns for 'has tz', but also: prone, stunned, on a blitz, in opponent's turn, etc

Anyway in regard to original post, where is new version? it's almost autumn. where is rumours, details, specifics
Nothing has changed since the original post and the scepticism it encountered, still seems just as valid
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Yea. Ideally a big table, with yes/no in the columns for 'has tz', but also: prone, stunned, on a blitz, in opponent's turn, etc

Anyway in regard to original post, where is new version? it's almost autumn. where is rumours, details, specifics
Nothing has changed since the original post and the scepticism it encountered, still seems just as valid

Updates, have come on discord. Sad

Though, as the OP says

Quote:
So Blood Bowl 2024 box is in development. expected to be released the end of this Autumn, though it could potentially be pushed back to next year due to the huge manufacturing issues GW are having due to building their factory on the same power grid as the main hospital in Nottingham and frequently losing power as result... among other issues with building in that location (I kid you not!)

I don't see any need to be "sceptical" until around March. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

For those who aren’t active on discord, could you please repost the updates here?
I do have a login for it but don’t keep up to date and there’s too much traffic to trawl through

Cheers
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
For those who aren’t active on discord, could you please repost the updates here?
I do have a login for it but don’t keep up to date and there’s too much traffic to trawl through

Cheers

This was said a month back ish:
I've been told due to the appalling sales of AoS 4th edition Skaventide (it was a huge flop) there have been some adjustments to the release schedule, bringing forward some 40k and Old World releases into this financial year in order to hit their targets for the year, maybe some 30k too, I can't remember if the Horus Heresy stuff was moved to this year, or easter.. I'll find out again though.

There is a new Blood Bowl team getting announced tomorrow however.

koadah wrote:

I don't see any need to be "sceptical" until around March. Wink

no need to be sceptical. It is in development Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

"Winds of Winter" Dude. "Doors of Stone" Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:

"Winds of Winter" Dude. "Doors of Stone" Mr. Green
Laughing haha that made me lol Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Right so still zero info, then.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2024 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Right so still zero info, then.

Of course. There's always zero before an official announcement. The exceptions being 2020 edition when the whole rulebook leaked about 4 months before the game came out.

Look at the latest necromunda for example. We got an announcement of it's existence. Then it was released at the end of the month.