48 coaches online • Server time: 19:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chorfs, No Tackle?! ...goto Post It's NOT a Rumb...goto Post Stars only in BB3
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bitter

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2024 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

My understanding is that the regeneration trait shouldn’t be mandatory (unlike for example Frenzy). Is this correct? I understand that Fumbbl rolls for it automatically, because players should always want to regenerate.

But from a strict rule point of view it is voluntary, or?
spleggy

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2024 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In the rulebook mandatory skills are marked with an asterisk. Regeneration is NOT marked in this way so is therefore strictly speaking coaches choice. However online clients will just assume you want to use it.

I've had a similar thought after a tabletop game where my opponent was playing a nasty SG deathroller build (and also back when guard provided foul assists). I seriously considered NOT using thick skull on one of my players that would have provided a tempting fouling target reasoning that KOs have some chance of coming back and impacting the game later when the stupid roller had finally been sent off.
Brutus-Dagon

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2024 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

spleggy wrote:

I've had a similar thought after a tabletop game where my opponent was playing a nasty SG deathroller build (and also back when guard provided foul assists). I seriously considered NOT using thick skull on one of my players that would have provided a tempting fouling target reasoning that KOs have some chance of coming back and impacting the game later when the stupid roller had finally been sent off.

But could your opponent then in turn decide to not use dirty player to keep you on the pitch?
spleggy

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2024 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ah I should have specified that the stun/KO came a result of a block. With the roller lurking nearby ready to foul.

however that is an interesting question. I *think* the active player decides on skill use first, but I can't cite something right now
Brutus-Dagon

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2024 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

spleggy wrote:

however that is an interesting question. I *think* the active player decides on skill use first, but I can't cite something right now

Ah yeah, I think your sentence implied that it was not the foul causing the ko but I missed that.

Not using regen has its uses as you could try to save a player into a badly hurt when you are going really low and want to conceed for free. Or you just dont want to be forced to deploy that player again to get murdered.
spleggy

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2024 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah exactly in a non resurrection situation, "I've already lost this game but I want to not get my team destroyed" is a reasonable stance.

In that scenario, KO box or injured box on a badly hurt (just out for that match) are good. Also sent off, I've been known to foul with my best player to TRY to get it sent off. Very Happy

On the subject of KOs, Bloodwiser Kegs are also a "you may......"
Brutus-Dagon

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2024 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

spleggy wrote:

On the subject of KOs, Bloodwiser Kegs are also a "you may......"

Knock out recovery also has a may in the first sentence, but I think thats just for fluff. The second one just tells you to roll dice.
 Jump to: