21 coaches online • Server time: 08:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Modification to catc...goto Post retired teamsgoto Post Chorfs, No Tackle?! ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have high hopes about the positionals as well. They could probably be just TV bloat, I agree.
I wanted just to say that at least the roster is a bit more different and maybe in the future they will make the positionals more playable.
Still better looking as a roster, from a cosmetic and flavourful point of view, than just normal Hobgoblins, Chaos Dwarfs and Bull Centaurs.
I would have loved a Lammasu and Great Taurus as well (not both on the same team but as 0-1 mutually exclusive choices).
A Lammasu would be a great nod to the historical inspiration of the roster.
I guess that the Hobgoblins with Stab are supposed to be the Sneaky Gits (from the WHFB Chaos Dwarf army book), so they should have Sneaky Git skill. It's ridiculous they don't have it! Very Happy. Basically the BB skill is named after them!

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %29, %2024 - %11:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Problem is the new positionals look awful. Hobgoblins wont get taken, unless they start with Sneaky Git, or Ma7, but the announcement suggests they are the same as hobgoblins but with shadowing and stab, which will make them nothing but bloat.

DE assassins are very similar and got buffed to MA7 in 2020, so maybe these will be too. on the other hand, it would make them primary carriers... so maybe not

the other comparison might be chameleon skinks, who get a few extra bits inc shadowing but nerfed from ma8 to ma7 compared to normal skinks they split out from

shadowing on ma6 is pretty bad
GreenWolf

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Flamethrowers are better safety with 1d block now, at least this could help. I just hope those dwarves will have better movement and it should be fun to play.
Decksign

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

James_ wrote:
Think theyre dead. -

No tackle
Stab and shadowing not great.
The fire thing just as likely to cause a turn over than do damage, also cant use fire vs bigguys as its a turn over on a 1 or 2

Would you rather -2D, dodge out on a 4+ or fire breath a Big guy ?
Same question but with ST4 player.

I'll let you do the math.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Are Flamethrowers spitting fire Chaos Dwarfs, or are they Chaos Dwarfs with a flamethrower?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

shadowing on ma6 is pretty bad

Shadowing is pretty bad period now...

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Are Flamethrowers spitting fire Chaos Dwarfs, or are they Chaos Dwarfs with a flamethrower?

they're like firebellies from ogres. They throw fire using flame magic. so they spit fire basically..

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you! Then they should turn into stone over time, if they use magic, according to the fluff. Could have Stand Firm to represent that (I don't think they have it, I mean they should have it). Or Iron Hard Skin.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Decksign wrote:
James_ wrote:
Think theyre dead. -

No tackle
Stab and shadowing not great.
The fire thing just as likely to cause a turn over than do damage, also cant use fire vs bigguys as its a turn over on a 1 or 2

Would you rather -2D, dodge out on a 4+ or fire breath a Big guy ?
Same question but with ST4 player.

I'll let you do the math.
I'd rather stand still and get hit Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't understand the hate for stab
Are you guys speaking purely from a league perspective? Cause in tournament a good 70% of DE rosters include at least one assassin (Eurobowl rosters for sauce)
They lost tackle so having the option to stab blodgers it's not that bad.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I like there are Hobgoblins with Stab. I don't like they don't have the Sneaky Git skill by default.
If they had A access they could take it as Primary, though.
Decksign

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the stabby Hobgoblins might see play depending on their skill access, they don't require extra stats or skills (aside from shadowing and stab) if you can make a blodge stab hobbo cheaper than a blodge hobbo, it's so much more interesting than a simple hobgoblin in leagues.

Also what if they are the only ones in the team with pass access for leader in tournaments ?
The team has 11 positionals, 3 of them being very expensive, it might be hard to fit all of them in a build for NAF.

Last edited by Decksign on %b %29, %2024 - %11:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
kozak

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

No more tackle, thank you GW for giving stunties some love!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Here’s the link for anyone who missed it

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/29/nova-open-preview-a-big-hats-off-to-hashuts-finest/
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elf assassins are Ma7 and Ag2+. Stab is fine. But the addition of Shadowing on the Hobgob is pure bloat and nothing else, if they get it free, then fine...

Predicted roster
Code:

0-16 Hobgoblin Linemen     6 3 3+ 4+ 8+    None     G     AS     40k

0-2 Sneaky Stabbas          6 3 3+ 5+ 8+     Shadowing, Stab     AG     S     65k

0-4 Chaos Dwarf Blockers     4 3 4+ 6+ 10+  Block, Iron Hard Skin, Thick Skull     GS     AM     70k

0-2 Flamesmiths         4 3 4+ 6+ 10+  Block, Iron Hard Skin, Thick Skull, Breath Fire     GS     AM     80k

0-2 Bull Centaur Blitzers     6 4 4+ 6+ 10+  Sprint, Sure Feet, Thick Skull     GS     A     130k

0-1 Enslaved Minotaur     5 5 4+     -    9+     Animal Savagery, Frenzy, Horns, Loner (4+), Mighty Blow (+1), Thick Skull     S     GAM     150k