25 coaches online • Server time: 08:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Modification to catc...goto Post retired teamsgoto Post Chorfs, No Tackle?! ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Decksign

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Without tackle, I think chorfs will cost a tiny bit less.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Decksign wrote:
Without tackle, I think chorfs will cost a tiny bit less.

they article says they get Iron hard skin.... so they'll cost the same

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If the Stabbas had Primary A access using one as ball carrier would not be a bad idea.
Quicker to get Blodge.
Diablange

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Predicted roster
Code:

0-16 Hobgoblin Linemen     6 3 3+ 4+ 8+    None     G     AS     40k

0-2 Sneaky Stabbas          6 3 3+ 5+ 8+     Shadowing, Stab     AG     S     65k

0-4 Chaos Dwarf Blockers     4 3 4+ 6+ 10+  Block, Iron Hard Skin, Thick Skull     GS     AM     70k

0-2 Flamesmiths         4 3 4+ 6+ 10+  Block, Iron Hard Skin, Thick Skull, Breath Fire     GS     AM     80k

0-2 Bull Centaur Blitzers     6 4 4+ 6+ 10+  Sprint, Sure Feet, Thick Skull     GS     A     130k

0-1 Enslaved Minotaur     5 5 4+     -    9+     Animal Savagery, Frenzy, Horns, Loner (4+), Mighty Blow (+1), Thick Skull     S     GAM     150k

That's YOUR prediction Wink

Should those costs be confirmed, that would be an expensive roster, with stabbers to be taken occasionnaly and both blockers and flamesmith mandatory fur the armor but expensive (better have tackle than iron hard skin for the same price and +10k for an alternate action probably less used than a classic block).
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

yup that's my prediction.

FYI - skills value does not get taken into account with the formula, all skills are costed the same... rightly or wrongly. thought adjustments by up to 10 k can be made for balance at the end of the formula...

Also worth noting is in the live stream they said Iron Hard Skin negates Claw and Mighty Blow. So either they don't know what they are talking about, or the skill has received a re-write

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If the Stabbas had Primary A access using one as ball carrier would not be a bad idea.
Quicker to get Blodge.

fair

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Default Tackle + Block was too good. It's positive they lost it. Now 2 level ups are necessary to get Tackle and Mighty Blow. Since Guard is a must-to-take skill, even 3 level ups.
It's a small-but-big roster change that makes more playable Stunties and Elves.
Flea94

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Also worth noting is in the live stream they said Iron Hard Skin negates Claw and Mighty Blow. So either they don't know what they are talking about, or the skill has received a re-write

Yeah it's changing to negate ALL modifier on armour rolls, so i assume Dirty Player too
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Then Chaos Dwarfs get very hard to remove from the pitch, with Iron Hard Skin, AV 10+ and Thick Skull.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Flea94 wrote:
Garion wrote:

Yeah it's changing to negate ALL modifier on armour rolls, so i assume Dirty Player too

Is it though.....

Or did the person in the stream just not know what they were talking about? it wouldn't be the first time they got the rules wrong....

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Flea94 wrote:
Garion wrote:

Is it though.....

Or did the person in the stream just not know what they were talking about? it wouldn't be the first time they got the rules wrong....

Well the warhammer community article also mentions that

"This is replaced by Iron Hard Skin, which prevents any adjustment to their armour value – even claws are blunted by this – so they will always be hard to hurt at a formidable AV10+. "

I assume in the November erratas they are changing the skill (and rightfully so)
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Flea94 wrote:
Garion wrote:
Flea94 wrote:
Garion wrote:

Is it though.....

Well the warhammer community article also mentions that

"This is replaced by Iron Hard Skin, which prevents any adjustment to their armour value – even claws are blunted by this – so they will always be hard to hurt at a formidable AV10+. "

I assume in the November erratas they are changing the skill (and rightfully so)

I hope so too. I wanted the skill to work like that since day 1. I'll believe it when I see it...
GW rules understanding and communication is appalling

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a win for Amazons! Will Dwarven Longbeards lose the tackle skill next?

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Sounds like a win for Amazons! Will Dwarven Longbeards lose the tackle skill next?

hope so!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope so too!
 Jump to: