32 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Modification to catc...goto Post retired teamsgoto Post Chorfs, No Tackle?! ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Can they change iron hard skin in a spike, or does it need to be in a faq to be official?
So maybe a November release? Although that’s a long way away

If iron hard skin gets that significant buff, what other players would take it?
Underworld troll
Underworld Blitzer? It makes random M on UW Blitzer more appealing
Chaos Warriors maybe

Can’t think of many others
Decksign

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Decksign wrote:
Without tackle, I think chorfs will cost a tiny bit less.

they article says they get Iron hard skin.... so they'll cost the same

What I haven't said is that, from my perspective, a player with Iron Hard Skin should cost a tiny bit less than the same player but with Tackle instead.
Decksign

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Default Tackle + Block was too good. It's positive they lost it. Now 2 level ups are necessary to get Tackle and Mighty Blow. Since Guard is a must-to-take skill, even 3 level ups.
It's a small-but-big roster change that makes more playable Stunties and Elves.

It makes the roster stronger against other bash teams, but I'm afraid Iron Hard Skin spam will make them an even more anoying Dwarf/Orc type of team basing everyone and getting away with it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Can they change iron hard skin in a spike, or does it need to be in a faq to be official?
So maybe a November release? Although that’s a long way away

If iron hard skin gets that significant buff, what other players would take it?
Underworld troll
Underworld Blitzer? It makes random M on UW Blitzer more appealing
Chaos Warriors maybe

Can’t think of many others

I'd like to see the norse players have this instead of thick skull. It would be a nice nod back to Tribal Tatoos which had the same effect.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Decksign wrote:
It makes the roster stronger against other bash teams, but I'm afraid Iron Hard Skin spam will make them an even more anoying Dwarf/Orc type of team basing everyone and getting away with it.

Well if you can base the whole enemy team with 6 ma 4 players you're doing great anyways. Hobgolins are as squishy as ever.
Diablange

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

For those asking the question about the update of iron hard skin, it's clearly said in the interview (in this page : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/29/the-warhammer-preview-show-nova-open-2024/) that they updated the skill and it prevents ANY modifier on armor rolls.

(around 15:50 if you want to directly go to that part)
Diablange

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

In the same interview the guy also said a stabber could move, stab, then go on moving. So they also modified stab ?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Diablange wrote:
For those asking the question about the update of iron hard skin, it's clearly said in the interview (in this page : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/29/the-warhammer-preview-show-nova-open-2024/) that they updated the skill and it prevents ANY modifier on armor rolls.

(around 15:50 if you want to directly go to that part)

We know this, but we are just concerned they don't actually know what they are talking about, as they've said stuff that is wrong before.

However it does seem as though this change is correct as it is spoken and written down.

Diablange wrote:
In the same interview the guy also said a stabber could move, stab, then go on moving. So they also modified stab ?

I wonder if these are rules changes for the new edition?

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle going seems fair - like others have said. Zons will be laughing though, presumably GW will nerf Gobbos again to balance things : )
Roster defo seems weaker, Chorf have taken quite a few nerfs now over the years. I’m a bit disappointed, especially as I made a real effort painting the Punga team up that I blogged in 2023.

Really hoped it’d be a choice of Big Guy, I’d love to field a Chaos Troll

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Dwarf Flamers, fire breathing chorfs!

Yet another stupid gimmick by GW, you can just imagine them all sat around the table, mulling how to reinvent the wheel again. Oh lets give them some trashy gimmick

it'll be totally useless or over powerful

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Prez wrote:

Yet another stupid gimmick by GW, you can just imagine them all sat around the table, mulling how to reinvent the wheel again. Oh lets give them some trashy gimmick

It's a nod to 2nd edition. Which second season edition has leant into heavily.... such as the P stat etc...

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Star Players: stomp, stab and shoot sounds like we get Hthark, Rashnak the stabby hobgob and ZZZarg Madeye.

on the one hand, I feel it's great I can finally convert the Centaurian model that's been waiting to be an uber-bull centaur, on the other, Hthark has a super boring stat line and skills in 2016, would be nice if they gave him something a bit different.

Zzzarg could have a better version of firebreathing or some other nonsense once per game. Anyone want to place bets on that?

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Prez wrote:

I think fire breathing is a fine trait, 4+ to knock down or place prone any non ST5 player is better in some cases than throwing 1D or -2D.
Also since the team doesn't have built in tackle anymore, the 1D put a blodger on his butt is higher odds than 2D block.

It's not useless, it's situationally useful. Better than the busted hit & run.
DaFoola

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Prez wrote:

It's a nod to 2nd edition. Which second season edition has leant into heavily.... such as the P stat etc...

The funny thing about the firethrowers is that it wasn't really implemented in 2d edition. The Chorf team list in Star Players says you can have up to two mutants and up to two firethrowers but (as far as I can tell) they never actually made RULES for the firethrowers! I wondered why I didn't recall anything about this when it was announced...
James_

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Cant wait for the carnage when Flamesmiths dont have block and av 9+
 Jump to: