31 coaches online • Server time: 12:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Modification to catc...goto Post retired teamsgoto Post Chorfs, No Tackle?! ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazons need a rewrite. Nothing has changed there

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2024 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they do. The problem is their Dodge spam, not the Chorfs' Tackle spam removal.
spinball

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2024 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The only way the flamers will actually "be good" is if the flaming is an extra ability that can be used after a move, block or blitz. Even then it will not be great, just offer options
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2024 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

This release really makes one wonder if this assures
that High Elves & Tomb Kings will be in the new boxed set Question

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2024 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Or Tomb Kings and Bretonnians to match the Old World release?

(Yeah, I know, Bretonnians were replaced by Nobility... Look, I really want a team of knights!)
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2024 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

spinball wrote:
The only way the flamers will actually "be good" is if the flaming is an extra ability that can be used after a move, block or blitz. Even then it will not be great, just offer options

You can use it as part of a Blitz action, but really. It's just a gimmick... but you'll have to take the players, just so you have higher Av in your team.. I wonder if they'll have block?

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2024 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ST 5 flamesmiths, 0-4. Very Happy
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2024 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Lammasu: 6/5/3+/-/10+ S/AG
Claws, Unchanneled Fury, Horns, Leap, Pogostick, Iron Hard Skin, Loner
170k?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2024 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

spinball wrote:
If I understand the skill correctly (as worded by GW), it appears quite situational, e.g.:

- It would work considerably better than an uphill block in most circumstances (assuming the player being blocked is not ST5+);

- It would work better than a single die block in some circumstances (ditto);

- It might work better than a block in situations where you need to bring down a player, but want to leave that player in the square where they are; and

- It is a bit of a gamble, suggesting that it might work better when you have RRs to burn.

I look forward to seeing how the skill is used in practical play. It seems to bring new (and dynamic) options (as well as potential headaches for the oppo coach).
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2024 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno why they put such risk into it, or why it has the penalty against str5
It could have just been Stab, but GW can’t help themselves but must make new complicated rules for everything they release now, for some reason
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2024 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Kids like new complicated rules

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2024 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What have kids ever done for us?

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2024 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's a bit rubbish. Breathe Fire could have been projectile vomit, My Ball is basically Animosity (-)... Was Khorne the last team released without a new rule?

In 40k the rule that everyone calls 'Sticky Objectives' has 9 or 10 different names with near identical wording. It's just needless complexity.
Decksign

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2024 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
It could have just been Stab, but GW can’t help themselves but must make new complicated rules for everything they release now, for some reason

Knocking down or placing prone a ST5 on a 4+ is too strong, especially if any other player with the same strength would need assists to do the same or has only 25% chance when going to -2D (also the fail chance is lower for breathing flames).

The biggest fear of coaches playing a big guy is to have their big guy fall on the ground and be useless.
NiozeH

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2024 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Decksign wrote:
Sp00keh wrote:

Knocking down or placing prone a ST5 on a 4+ is too strong, especially if any other player with the same strength would need assists to do the same or has only 25% chance when going to -2D (also the fail chance is lower for breathing flames).

The biggest fear of coaches playing a big guy is to have their big guy fall on the ground and be useless.

Brother against ST5 isn't 50%. It is 5+
 Jump to: