32 coaches online • Server time: 01:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Modification to catc...goto Post retired teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep tackle, it would be more fair if all block spamming teams started with brawler--the only argument is lore for block...how? Brawler I think is more suitable lore wise, lmao.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Salano- Breathe fire is blitz only? I doubt it. It doesn’t say that on the Warhammer community page
Do u have any source?
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Salano- Breathe fire is blitz only? I doubt it. It doesn’t say that on the Warhammer community page
Do u have any source?

The warhammer community page is pretty clear and definitive - can be used on a block or blitz. The "once per activation" means that each player can use it once per turn, but both flamesmiths can set players alight each team turn if you so choose.

Oscar Wilde
Salano

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Do u have any source?

SOURCE:https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/29/nova-open-preview-a-big-hats-off-to-hashuts-finest/

Once per activation, instead of performing a Block action (either on its own or as part of a Blitz action), this player may perform a Breathe Fire Special action. When a player makes a Breathe Fire Special action they may choose one Standing opposition player they are Marking and roll a D6, applying a -1 modifier if the target has a ST of 5 or higher. On a 1, the player gets overeager, engulfing themself in flame and is immediately Knocked Down. On a 2-3, the opposition player ducks the gout of flame and nothing happens. On a 4+, the opposition player takes a ball of fire straight to the face and is immediately Placed Prone. However, if the roll is a natural 6, the potent pyro has taken its toll and the opposition player is Knocked Down instead. After the Breathe Fire Special action has been
resolved, this player's activation immediately ends.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I misread it. Block action as well. However, as a Blitz, it immediately ends the activation so no moving afterwards.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It's funny that ST 5 or higher players can duck the fire more easily with the -1 modifier.
ST 5 players are notoriously nimble and agile! Very Happy

And what about: "On a 4+, the opposition player takes a ball of fire straight to the face and is immediately Placed Prone."?

You take a ball of fire to the face and you are just Placed Prone?! You should be Stunned, at least!

Both the description and the effects suck.

It would have been better if Breathe Fire had special damage vs Trolls, Mummies, Tomb Guardians, Vampires and Treemen, because they are vulnerable to fire.
Salano

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
It's funny that ST 5 or higher players can duck the fire more easily with the -1 modifier.
ST 5 players are notoriously nimble and agile! Very Happy

And what about: "On a 4+, the opposition player takes a ball of fire straight to the face and is immediately Placed Prone."?

You take a ball of fire to the face and you are just Placed Prone?! You should be Stunned, at least!

Both the description and the effects suck.

It would have been better if Breathe Fire had special damage vs Trolls, Mummies, Tomb Guardians, Vampires and Treemen, because they are vulnerable to fire.

Oh yeah, the description doesn’t make sense. There should be some special rules. Stunty players and elves should be -1. Also, it only merely takes effect on a natural 6.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, a flame has an area of effect. In the GW games I played involving fire and flamethrowers, the fire was hard to avoid due to that. And yes, Elves and Stunties should have a bonus, or there could be an AG test to dodge the fire.
It looks to me as a stupid rule bolted on just for the gimmick's sake.
Salano

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Also, a flame has an area of effect. In the GW games I played involving fire and flamethrowers, the fire was hard to avoid due to that. And yes, Elves and Stunties should have a bonus, or there could be an AG test to dodge the fire.
It looks to me as a stupid rule bolted on just for the gimmick's sake.

I agree.

The rule was most likely added as a lore based trait, but it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Salano wrote:

SOURCE:https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/29/nova-open-preview-a-big-hats-off-to-hashuts-finest/

Once per activation, instead of performing a Block action (either on its own or as part of a Blitz action), this player may perform a Breathe Fire Special action. When a player makes a Breathe Fire Special action they may choose one Standing opposition player they are Marking and roll a D6, applying a -1 modifier if the target has a ST of 5 or higher. On a 1, the player gets overeager, engulfing themself in flame and is immediately Knocked Down. On a 2-3, the opposition player ducks the gout of flame and nothing happens. On a 4+, the opposition player takes a ball of fire straight to the face and is immediately Placed Prone. However, if the roll is a natural 6, the potent pyro has taken its toll and the opposition player is Knocked Down instead. After the Breathe Fire Special action has been

Wouldn't this mean that versus a st5+ Player you do not knock down yourself on a roll of 1, because with the modifier it would be a 0, and the rules as written do Not say "on a 1 or lower"?
Maybe the general rules say something about that a modifier cannot modify a roll below 1?
I expect this to be faq'ed to a natural 1.
Salano

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2024 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

moph wrote:
Salano wrote:

Wouldn't this mean that versus a st5+ Player you do not knock down yourself on a roll of 1, because with the modifier it would be a 0, and the rules as written do Not say "on a 1 or lower"?
Maybe the general rules say something about that a modifier cannot modify a roll below 1?
I expect this to be faq'ed to a natural 1.

The rules state that a modified roll of under 1 becomes a 1. So, for St5+ players a 1 and a 2 would cause yourself to be knocked down.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2024 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Also, a flame has an area of effect. In the GW games I played involving fire and flamethrowers, the fire was hard to avoid due to that.

I get what you mean.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2024 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone around?

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2024 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I been going over the fire breath thing in my head. I'm actually kinda starting to think it's not so bad, so long as it doesn't cost a lot or come with a drawback. If you have a reroll, it's 1/4 to knock down in square, 1/2 to place prone, 1/6 to fail, and 1/12 to skull. None of this puts you prone like Wrestle does, and it doesn't care about your Side Step or Fend.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2024 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What if you give him Pro?

108 permutations
Nothing: 18 down, 36 prone, 36 no, 18 skull.
RR no/skull: 27 down, 54 prone, 18 no, 9 skull.
RR skull: 21 down, 42 prone, 42 no, 3 skull.
Pro no/skull: 24 down, 48 prone, 24 no, 12 skull.
Pro skull: 20 down, 40 prone, 40 no, 8 skull.
Pro no, RR skull: 25 down, 50 prone, 26 no, 7 skull.

Would be a lot better on a more mobile player. I'm envisioning a Chaos Dwarf fire-breathing techno priest star player with Pogo Stick.