21 coaches online • Server time: 01:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Fair Play Standinggoto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jayward

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2024 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

On GW side the process seems to be a preview, then a star player reveal a few days later, then a Sunday preview two weeks after that.

That's usually followed by a more in-depth rules preview and a pre-order the following Saturday, and a release the following week.

So I'd expect the Chorfs to be officially released at the end of September, and then the new stuff tends to go live on FUMBBL impressively quickly.
Bram

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2024 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Drrek wrote:
Oh look Dakka's arguing with everyone again because the game isn't specifically how he wants it to be, even though no one else who plays the game wants it to be the way he wants.

Can we get back to talking about the dorfs this thread is actually supposed to be about?

I support Dakka's opinion.

Elves suffered a lot with the introduction of BB2020.

Passing - which never was a good strategy anyway - got screwed for no good reason. Not only the passing skill was introduced, but many passing skills (accurate!) got nerfed. Why?

Wood elves in particular got screwed. Leap is as good as useless now. And to reward that the wardancer... increased in price... why?

High elf catchers pass at 5+ ... that's the same as a treeman... Why? Even orc and dwarf blitzers pass better.

The current apothecary - which was never reliable in the first place - doesn't help elves (who are vulnerable) either.

On the positive side, multiple rerolls per turn help... a little. But not nearly enough to counter all of the above.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2024 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Amazons need a rewrite. Nothing has changed there

Exactly
Take away their Dodge Spam
Make them a Human team with lots of AG Skill Access Instead

Sure a Coach could them Spam Dodge if he wanted. But would probably build them in many ways.

OR

Maybe just give their Blitzers, Catchers and MAYBE Throwers Dodge as a Starting Skill and don't change their skill access.

Giving them ALL Dodge and AG3, plus Passing Skill Access and Strength Skill Access etc ect just makes them OVERPOWERED GOBLINS

Their Catchers SHOULD probably keep Dodge... maybe even give them 4 of them.
But SPAM Dodge on EVERY LINEMAN (err WOMAN err ZIM... ZERR... ZAP... ZOT.... idk) that is just RIDICULOUS.

How about THIS as an opening Salvo.
0-12 or 0-16 Line Amazons... no more SPAM Dodge... SPAM Fend Instead.. G Skill Access
0-2 Catchers... Dodge, Catch... G A Skill Access
0-4 Blitzers... Block, Dodge... G S Skill Access
0-2 Throwers... Dodge, PAss... G, A, P Skill Access

OR

Allow 0-4 Catchers BUT take away A Skill Access from Throwers.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2024 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

How long before the Chorf thread is more than 50% posts about Elves and Amazons, I wonder? Very Happy

Back to the topic at hand, I'm hoping that the Minotaur keeps Animal Savagery. Probably still won't see much play in Competitive due to the cost, but in NAF tournaments I could see the guaranteed activation being more alluring with IHS lowering the risk of removing a Chorf.

That said, if the Flamesmiths are AV9+ you don't want to hit them even with IHS! And then you're just down to your 4 good Guard caddies as babysitters, which seems less than ideal.
NiozeH

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2024 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Jayward wrote:
How long before the Chorf thread is more than 50% posts about Elves and Amazons, I wonder? Very Happy

Back to the topic at hand, I'm hoping that the Minotaur keeps Animal Savagery. Probably still won't see much play in Competitive due to the cost, but in NAF tournaments I could see the guaranteed activation being more alluring with IHS lowering the risk of removing a Chorf.

That said, if the Flamesmiths are AV9+ you don't want to hit them even with IHS! And then you're just down to your 4 good Guard caddies as babysitters, which seems less than ideal.

Smiths appears to me more as AV 10+ Thick Skull,Breath Fire, Iron Hard skin. 80k GS AM
Jayward

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2024 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm assuming they're AV9+ MV5 with no Block for 65k because that would suck and I find it's best to prepare for the worst with GW rules Wink
NiozeH

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2024 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Jayward wrote:
I'm assuming they're AV9+ MV5 with no Block for 65k because that would suck and I find it's best to prepare for the worst with GW rules Wink

losing 2 block,6 tackle, 2 av 10+.
Thats a bad hit for chorfs if it will be true Laughing
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2024 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I came to read discussions about sweaty hairy brawlers and all I get is nimble sissies' stories...
/sad

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2024 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
And for my anecdotal experience, neither pro, wood, or dark elves have significantly changed in Win rate. Relying on passes or punts from lino was bad play that made up for positioning mistakes in 2016, not something that actually helped you win in the first place.

And no, stat decreases have never been matching the costs of stat increases. That's why goblins aren't 0k, despite having -Str.

You absolutely put basic minimums in so that people don't make minmaxed rosters. That's existed as far back as the game has had pricing formulas, whether people like it or not.

It is not a positioning mistake if it was your plan
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2024 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Jayward wrote:

It hasn't already hit that point? This thread is DEAD for Chorfs.
Clearly they have been Nerfed and now they SUCK. End of Thread. Right?

If it is a change GW made from 2020 on it was DUMB and shows they do not know their CUSTOMERS or how to attract MORE of them. But they refuse to appeal to their ACTUAL Customers to try to bring in NEW CUSTOMERS.

There is a good reason that ALL of the Best Minis for this game are made by ANYBODY but GW. GW is just DUMB when it comes to this Product. They have NEVER CARED about IT and never will.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2024 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Back to CD, sad that they didnt get troll back

Ps. About this positionin game, ive never seen that from you mattdakka. You have 2 plays, oneturning and sidecage. Not much play there, just building one man team

And plz dont say different. Every other player here agrees with me

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2024 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

shows they do not know their CUSTOMERS or how to attract MORE of them.

But it's clearly working?
Game has never been this big, so they clearly know how to attract more of them.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2024 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact is, you don't need to have great ideas, just to throw out new things and rules, that will draw attention (a roster can be disliked, but other people will like it). It's a relatively cheap game (for being a GW one), because you can play with the boxed set and a purchased team (or just with the teams included, or even with previous editions' teams). Most GW games require lots of money, storage space, playing surface and more miniatures to be played. Also, BB coaches tend to stick to the game, this is why it survived during the years GW didn't care about it.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2024 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Jayward wrote:

It hasn't already hit that point? This thread is DEAD for Chorfs.
Clearly they have been Nerfed and now they SUCK. End of Thread. Right?

If it is a change GW made from 2020 on it was DUMB and shows they do not know their CUSTOMERS or how to attract MORE of them. But they refuse to appeal to their ACTUAL Customers to try to bring in NEW CUSTOMERS.

There is a good reason that ALL of the Best Minis for this game are made by ANYBODY but GW. GW is just DUMB when it comes to this Product. They have NEVER CARED about IT and never will.

Customers are people who buy stuff.

It is more important to them to prioritise people who buy a lot of stuff over people people who play a lot of games.

Some people don't even play any games. They just buy stuff and paint it.

Chopping and changing just encourages some people to buy something else if only because it is different to the stuff they already have.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2024 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/09/09/this-delightfully-devious-hobgoblin-star-player-backstabs-with-the-best-of-them/

Nice model, but I think this is the first one of these articles I've seen that doesn't mention any skills or stats. Presumably he's identical to his old version but cheaper and with a new special rule
 Jump to: