38 coaches online • Server time: 00:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are great!goto Post New special rule for...goto Post "Wizard of Tzee...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2024 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
The_Murker wrote:
Do I understand properly that part of the goal (or most of it) of the new team page is to limit loading times of team bios?

Some teams have monster sized bios, and they take a long time to load. I get that.

Nah. The new page is way slower.

The new page is much quicker now.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2024 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Another question from my side:

Is there any reason why the CTV and TV differs between the old and the new team page?

Example: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?id=1194977

To me it looks like the new Page does Not include Journeymen.

Edit: And from a design perspective it is a bit annoying that the dark highlights (table headers etc.) are a different color. Wink

Edit 2: old header color code #003300. New one #1A401C

Last edited by CrisisChris on %b %17, %2024 - %13:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2024 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Current Team Value (CTV): the value of the team not including MNG players.
Team Value: the value of the team including the MNG players.
CrisisChris

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2024 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Matt I got that. Wink The issue is: CTV in new page does not match CTV of old one. And the same for TV. The delta in both cases are the journeymen.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2024 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I see, I never noticed that.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2024 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

CrisisChris wrote:
Thanks Matt I got that. Wink The issue is: CTV in new page does not match CTV of old one. And the same for TV. The delta in both cases are the journeymen.

Old page TV was(/is?) wrong as it counted both the journeymen AND the players that they were covering for.
I'm guessing that the new one might be better.

It seems to be not counting the journeymen. That would be correct I think.

The new page CTV is less than the old one by the cost of the journeymen. Is it just not counting them?
TV is greater than CTV by the cost of the missing players.
I don't think that is right.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2024 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sticking to my example (Team linked above)
The CTV (incl. Journeymen, but without MNG players) should be 1155.
The TV (without Journeymen, but incl. MNG players) should be 1265.

The new page shows CTV 1035 (Missing the 120 for two Journeymen) and the right TV of 1265

The old page shows the right CTV of 1155 but is counting the Journeymen in the TV and therefor has a TV of 1385, which ist too high.

So if I get it right, both pages show one correct and one wrong value, right?
knine

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2024 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
A tick box on the show bio section would be nice, so when ticked it shows your team bio on the main screen if you (the owner of the team) want it to be displayed front and centre.

The tick box could be worded something like: "Always display Bio on Team Page"

If it's not ticked then leave the bio accessible as it currently is in the Beta

I love a good bio.

Totally concur - we should have a tick box to select the bio information. I reallllly dislike the new team page.
CrisisChris

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2024 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

knine wrote:

Totally concur - we should have a tick box to select the bio information. I reallllly dislike the new team page.

As far as I understood the topic so far there will be only one team page on the long run because maintaining both is not an option.

Maybe the new team page can be changed to a certain degree and we can collect 'must haves' here.

For me it seems many people really miss the summary of games played incl. TD for/against and CAS for/against. On the new team page this is available only when you jump to 'Show' --> 'Stats'.

Another thing seems to be the Team Bio which is collapsed on the new team page...

Maybe we can start such a collection here. And maybe some aspects can be changed.
CrisisChris

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2024 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not know if it is a bug or a feature, but...

I tried to build a frame for a team bio which works with the old and the new page. (https://fumbbl.com/p/newteam?id=1194977) Therefore I tried to have only something like a banner which may be expanded on demand. It works fine with the old page, but it seems the new page does not offer and 'show more' / 'collapse' link if the initial bio is that small/short.

There is an easy work around by adding empty rows to the page, but nevertheless I wanted to mention it here.
 Jump to: