20 coaches online • Server time: 00:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Coach Rating is a Jo...goto Post Recruiting now - Gre...goto Post Coach Standing
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2024 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

15 games played by a Norse team can't be compared to 15 games played by a Chaos team.
A Norse team has already lots of skills, the Chaos team lacks skill. It's not the most competitive format due to that reason. It could be a competitive format if everybody used the same teams.
In 15 games played-only the tier of the team and the match-up play a big role in the performance of a team.
I would consider only Box games played with Season Re-Draft enabled, if I could. Tier 1 teams would still be better but tier 2 teams would have some skills, at least.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2024 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You totally missed my point as usual and went on rambling on unrelated stuff.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2024 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
There is no manipulation. CR is a just number, calculated by a mathematical formula. If you find a behavior that increases your CR, then that isn't manipulation but being good at the CR game.

'Deserved', 'fair' etc. are all term that are derived from your personal, subjective values. It cannot be debated. If there was a way to objectively measure fairness, social sciences would be so much easier! If you agree with the premisses of how CR is calculated or not is up to you. CR is valid insofar as it is what it is. If you mistake it for something it does not calculate, that is not the fault of CR. It is the fault of your unjustified expectations.

This, this to end the thread. This to end all CR threads

Last edited by Sp00keh on %b %26, %2024 - %13:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2024 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
There is no manipulation. CR is a just number, calculated by a mathematical formula.
[...]

If a coach is ranked high and plays one game per week and always wins, then what is wrong with him keeping a high rating? If anything it should increase further.

[..]

'Deserved', 'fair' etc. are all term that are derived from your personal, subjective values. It cannot be debated. If there was a way to objectively measure fairness, social

i don't speak about fairness at all.
If a ranking is just a mathematical stats--- a calculation, let's not make any ranking. Why do we have a ranking? let's put in the stats not in the ranking page.

In competitive sports there are rankings: in footbal in tennis.
For me ranking is a level of how much a coach or a player in the sport is really good.
Spain is top 3 in FIFA ranking footbal ranking. Is is just a number or everybody agrees that Spain is holy true good football soccer team??

And NORMALLY the stronger (better, smarter) players have a high ranking.

If I want to learn how to play tennis I'll watch a Sinner or Federer match because their TOP 10 deserved it without delay

Do we want really to debate if a 1st ranking position "deserved" is a personal judgement? cmon..... i put 100 euros on the table to find someone who says that Sinner, Federer or Carlsen did notdeserve their top 1 ranking in Tennis or Chess

I would like to have a ranking where i see in top 30 players who everybody agree: hey... they are really great...
and not find among them one "furbetto del quartierino".

The ranking should be a real photo of players skills, and ability. A guide for newcomers to learn how to play in a good way

if I want to learn how to play blood bowl and I take the top 10 overall rankings and I discover one smart players who simply play Orcs against Goblins in gamefinder once every 10 days and win every time 5-10 points (WOW!!! a LEgend Coach playing Orcs who is able to win vs Goblins!! WHAT A MIRACLE!!!) and I say to myself: and this would be a champion?

I don't say that IN GENERAL fumbbl ranking is not true. 90% ... 95% of who sit in top 10 overall ranking are true champion for me... 95%. But there are some exceptions who make me laugh.
I m just saying that there are some clear exception so evident that make me doubt that some who sit in top 10 are players with real skills...

To return to the topic of the thread: if we want ‘highest coach standing achieved’ to really be a medal of valor and not simply a statistical curiosity (or a joke) perhaps we should put our hands back on how the ‘OVERALL’ ranking is calculated...
if not
then again... who cares about the ranking

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2024 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So you didn't understand anything of what I tried to explain. Probably my fault.

Good luck with chasing your tail. Just don't say 'we', you only speak for yourself.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2024 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
i put 100 euros on the table to find someone who says that Sinner, Federer or Carlsen did notdeserve their top 1 ranking in Tennis or Chess

Sinner, Federer and Carlsen did not deserve their top 1 ranking in Tennis or Chess. Please send 100 Euro at your earliest convenience...
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2024 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

are here on the table you can come and pick them up any time you want, I'll send you the address...

The trip is of course at your own expense

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2024 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill be honest, with cr dropping if not playing it feels like you lose something. This would fix that.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2024 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

if you play at least one competitive game per week the decay explained here https://fumbbl.com/note/christer/CR
is not applied.

So if you are so smart to reach top 10 and then you start playing only Leagues games and play just one competitive game per week , in gamefinder, maybe vs Noobs/Tiers4or 5 teams with your super-skilled Bash Tiers 1 team, you will have high probability to win and to sit on the top of the rating without big effort for months...

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2024 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
If you agree with the premisses of how CR is calculated or not is up to you. CR is valid insofar as it is what it is. If you mistake it for something it does not calculate, that is not the fault of CR. It is the fault of your unjustified expectations.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2024 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

Rawlf wrote:
... "CR is valid insofar as it is what it is...".

Io so io ... e voi non siete un...

native english-italian speaker available for translation

Wink