30 coaches online • Server time: 00:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Let's get serio...goto Post Chaos Dwarves are th...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carthage

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2024 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

RR 70k
Tier 1 apparently 😅

Favoured of hashut, badland Brawl

Maybe I'm missing something because yeah this still looks like a tier 1 team to me... with the iron hard change and mutation on centaurs, I don't know that this is worse than the current roster. Losing tackle hurts them a bit, but in most of the matchups where that mattered, the centaur is the more important piece anyways.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2024 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
God knows... I just don't think they know what they're doing really

This. This is the truth. Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.
rvlvr

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2024 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Down six tackles, and two blocks. Up two MA.

Meh.
Drrek

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2024 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Do I think this roster is worse than current c'dorfs? Yeah, losing some block pieces and all the tackle is bad. But this roster still looks fine honestly. If c'dorfs hadn't been a thing before and this just got released, I don't think anyone would be complaining about them being bad.

Stabbas though are such a waste of positional it boggles my mind they actually released them like this. They are so terrible.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2024 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Drrek wrote:

Stabbas though are such a waste of positional it boggles my mind they actually released them like this. They are so terrible.

Agree with everything there Drrek. Still good, even if a bit worse. They may be better than before at mid TV with the huge buff to iron hard skin improving their bash matchup.

But yeah, this one is so weird. Would have expected sneaky git or diving tackle instead of shadowing.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2024 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, Shadowing should be buffed a bit.

Shadowing: D6 + Shadowing player's MA - Moving player's MA >= 6.

Change the formula with 5 instead of 6.

Shadowing sucks, no reason to use Stabbas for it.
smeborg

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2024 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm happy for teams to have players available that many coaches think are crap. No-one is forcing you to hire them. As for player pricing, that is a keen issue in Blackbox (because of TV-matching), but may not be such an issue in other environments.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2024 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, nobody is forced to hire overpriced, sub-obtimal players but, when a roster is updated, people have expectations about the new positionals and these ones honestly are disappointing.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2024 - 22:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't the iron hard skin mean that claw, mb/dp +1 and mb/dp +2, chainsaw +3 no longer apply to an av 10+ team?

seems amazing in certain settings and probably will have it's place in tabletop tournaments and local league settings.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2024 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, i think the roster is weaker at low TV but that buff to IHS might actually make them better at mid to high TV.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2024 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
Garion wrote:

RR 70k
Tier 1 apparently 😅

Favoured of hashut, badland Brawl

Maybe I'm missing something because yeah this still looks like a tier 1 team to me... with the iron hard change and mutation on centaurs, I don't know that this is worse than the current roster. Losing tackle hurts them a bit, but in most of the matchups where that mattered, the centaur is the more important piece anyways.

They do not look tier 1. They were already nerfed a lot in this edition with no CPomb or BT and now they lose Tackle. They might be Ok still, but they are definitely not top tier.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2024 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Doesn't the iron hard skin mean that claw, mb/dp +1 and mb/dp +2, chainsaw +3 no longer apply to an av 10+ team?

seems amazing in certain settings and probably will have it's place in tabletop tournaments and local league settings.

And offensive foul assists. It's ok at high tv, but it's only on 4 players, and firesmiths are terrible.
Losing 6 tackles and 2 blocks for a tiny bit of survivability is horrendous for tabletop.
They were already constantly mistiered in NAF tournaments, maybe now they will be tiered correctly at least, because they are not good.