36 coaches online • Server time: 13:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Dwarves are th...goto Post Recruiting now - Gre...goto Post FDL Roast Thread
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2024 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, no Block on Firesmiths is too much. The roster would have been ok with 6 default Block players, it has been overnerfed.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2024 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Yes, no Block on Firesmiths is too much. The roster would have been ok with 6 default Block players, it has been overnerfed.

Agreed. Also Firesmith should have Ironhard skin as they are the ones actually doing magic.... which is what causes the Stone Curse.. Such a weird choice.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2024 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Very true about the Stone Curse, Astragoth Ironhand comes to mind. Firesmiths only should have Iron Hard Skin.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2024 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think saying the stone Curse is the reason for iron hard skin was the wrong thing to say.

They should've just said its because chaos dwarves wear Blackshard armour... that would be enough.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2024 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoever priced stabbas has never played blood bowl. I don't see anyone picking them in a competitive game
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

While the SPP cost is going to be too high for this to be generally useful, getting +av on the blockers is something I'd like to try at some point, for the sheer joy of a unit that's extremely hard to remove from the game and can't even be gangfouled (assuming I understand the new iron skin right), as well as for tuv efficiency.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 11:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So it looked pretty bleak with what we knew. But the Devil is in the details, and it turns out its far far far worse than we thought.
Some CD coach did something to this designers Mum.

Team rerolls, already on the expensive side at 70k stay the same.
Hobgoblins, already on the terrible side, but cheap at 40K, stay the same.
But the reast of this supposedly 'Tier 1' team is a suicide note.

The CBD gain new, and very good, Iron Hard Skin, but lose tackle.
The new flamesmiths don't get IHS, lose tackle and block to gain movement, Brawler, the new, and awful BReathe Fire, and Disturbing Presence, 'cos why not. They do gain +1MA, but cost 10k more.
The Mino Swaps Animal Savagery for Unchannelled Fury, handily avoiding any synergy with IHS.
The New Sneaky Stabba position is 70k for a hobgob with shadowing (MA6 shadowing) and stab. they lose a point of passing 'cos why not.

The Bull Centaurs do gain, they can now mutate on secondaries. This is 100% a buff, and makes up for everything else being utterly shit.

They got more expensive, have a special skill no one thinks they can think of positive reasons or situations to use, their stars are still expensive but bad.

They have no answer to Strong teams, fast teams, agile teams or even fouling teams (a core of 4 very very hard to remove pieces is not enough).

Oh dear.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you every tried throwing a ball, whilst you are holding a big old knife in the other?
moph

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Knife Throwing Hobgoblins that should have been the teams trait instead of firebreathing.
moph

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Knife Throwing Hobgoblins! , should have been the teams new special positional instead of firebreathing blockless fast chaosdwarf.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The knife can be hang to the belt while throwing the ball. Also, it's probably a easy-to-conceal curved dagger. If it were a big knife it would be considered Secret Weapon.

The Hobgoblins with daggers should have been Sneaky Gits.
There was a WHFB unit named like that in the Chaos Dwarf army. They were able to lap round the enemy units.
In BB they could have had Side Step to represent that, better than Shadowing.
Joost

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Side Step would have been fluffy and made the price tag worth it. Even at 80K with stab I would have considered them, if they had Side Step instead of shadowing
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 11:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Sensible things

Agreed.
Stab/Side Step or Stab/Sneaky Git and we have a very interesting player.

Stab/Shadowing and is trash.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Sensible things

Agreed.
Stab/Side Step or Stab/Sneaky Git and we have a very interesting player.

Stab/Shadowing and is trash.

Even just giving them agility access on normal rolls would have closed the gap.

Oscar Wilde
Jayward

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2024 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
The Mino Swaps Animal Savagery for Unchannelled Fury, handily avoiding any synergy with IHS.

GW worded IHS to only work on opponent's modification of armour apparently, so even if the Mino had kept Animal Savagery they would have still avoided any synergy!
 Jump to: