53 coaches online • Server time: 18:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Playing for the Wingoto Post Automatic team unstu...goto Post Coach Rating is a Jo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a team suck is a massive waste of time which should be avoided.
So, I suggest to implement an automatic team unstuck function to speed the process up.
Something like: after 10 minutes from a Box draw a dialogue window appears on the Gamefinder page, asking to cancel the game. Yes: the game is cancelled. No: you wait to finish the game.
Ideally it should be an auto-win for the coach who is waiting for the no show coach but I guess this is not possible.
There should be a severe penalty, anyway, for not showing up to a game, even if it's cancelled.
The button could automatically send a no show report to the admins, thus saving the hassle to write a ticket and send it.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %02, %2024 - %14:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Massive waste of time mentioned.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, it would have been a massive waste of time.
Technically, this could fall under the name&shame policy.

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

There definitely have to be consequences for using no-shows to fish in the box. That's not cool at all. That said, I'd be kinda surprised if there aren't... it's not like the staff doesn't know who the offenders are. If they're not paying attention to that now, well, hopefully they would become aware if such a thing came up on a habitual basis.

An automatic function would probably cause more problems than it solves. Your opponent might not have noticed the draw somehow, or a game might get canceled when something silly but minor happens and the two teams are in contact, because, well, it's another failure point.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The opponent played another Box game after the scheduled one vs me. Impossible he didn't notice the warning that another game was scheduled, because to activate in the Box you have to click close to the warning.
It's not the first time this happens and an automatic system would save lot of time (mine and admins').
Anyway, if the opponent doesn't notice the schedule (genuinely or on purpose), it's not my problem.
You are supposed to pay attention or face the consequences of not doing it.
I'm just asking to cancel the game and send a report to create a history of infractions, not to execute the no show coach.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %02, %2024 - %15:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If your aim is to get some results i recommend when you see someone you believe is broking the FUMBBL rules to open a report ticket instead of a forum post who can seems a public pillory.

And no. I do not agree with an automatic team unstuck function unless this is a massive problem, only the staff can judge whether these kinds of problems occur often.

FUMBBL has rules normally that should be followed by his community, it is not a simple video game.

and now...

popcorn!

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If id got paired against you id see that as a massive waste of time.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Already sent 3 tickets, still team stuck, this is why I suggested an automatic team unstuck button.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Already sent 3 tickets, still team stuck.

Just farm some other team ?

Its not like they are any different.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a matter of principle, the no show (not the first time it happens and it could happen again if the problem is not tackled). Also, if I want to play a specific team, I don't have to play another one just because a guy decided to keep it stuck by not showing up to the game.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

if is a question of principle you follow the disconnection/no-show flowchart principles where within max 48 hours your problem will solved, and you can at the very least demand even a victory in case of no-show (so you can increase even your loved CR).

If your problem is to unstuck team quickly because you want to play for some reason quickly you can eventually try to send a query in Discord --> Staff Help telling that your opponent started another game.

In this case, usually, staff cancel the paired match.

then if you want to stir up a hurricane in a glass of water you're welcome: good luck
by my experience I can tell you that you can quickly go from being right to being wrong by public whining making someone of staff nervous...

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

While I know you meant stuck, having a team suck is also a massive waste of time.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

For your information, you can't get the win if the game didn't start at all. You can just ask to cancel it and no CR is gained/lost in the process, so the no show coach suffers no penalty (unless he keeps on not showing to games).
Instead, I suffer the penalty of not playing the game when I decided to activate and having a certain team stuck for hours or days, while a simple button would solve the problem in an elegant and quick way, without admin's intervention required.
Box is a division supposed to arrange automatically and quickly games, it should cancel them automatically and quicky as well.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
For your information, you can't get the win if the game didn't start at all. You can just ask to cancel it and no CR is gained/lost in the process, so the no show coach suffers no penalty (unless he keeps on not showing to games).

Even if this is true - I repeat - if you make it a matter of principle you bring back the ticket and avoid public whining. The coach who violates the rules will suffer the sanctions the staff decides he deserves, especially if his violations are frequent.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2024 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

But if the violations are not made by the same coaches you can find no show after no show.
If a single coach doesn't show 10 times, ok, he gets in trouble, but if I find 10 different coaches not showing once each then they suffer no sanctions and I have my teams stuck 10 times.
That's the issue and that's why I find no show coaches and this is why I'd like an automatic button to get my team unstuck.
 Jump to: