28 coaches online • Server time: 23:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Team League F...goto Post Recruiting now - Gre...goto Post FUMBBL Community
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is going to win?
Dhar Triumphant
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Rodent Nobility
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Pie
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Carthage

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2024 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone, the playoffs for season 1 of PEBBL (Point Economy Blood Bowl League) are coming a close with our finals!

Dhar Triumphant by Spelledaren
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=1170068
4W 4T 2L in regular season

are taking on the

Rodent Nobility by Shook_One
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=1171694
9W 1T 0L in the regular season

These two teams were designed with very different goals in mind.

Spelledaren has built a high strength team that is difficult to shift around that he uses to slow the game down and relies on his elf-esque ball carriers to find the single score that is usually all he needs. The Dhar dealt with Habeli's high flying Drowf antics to be able to get here. The Dhar have a couple other tools to deal with tricky situations. The Masters can kick their familiars down the field for a solid OTTD attempt, and the lesser beings can try to vomit on annoying blodgers. But the real threat is the Bound Demon that sports a terrifying skill list starting with Stand Firm and Mighty Blow +2. It's high price of 175k has proven to be more than worth it as it's ripped entire teams to pieces.

The Rodent Nobility were designed by me with inputs from Shook. I've played against him plenty of times so I know his strengths. First, I knew he would want a gutter runner as a skaven coach though they end up a little pricier in PEBBL than normal blood bowl. I've always liked the imperial nobility having mass positioning skills so I built the linemen as human linemen with fend and some +AV bodyguards as the core of the roster. It was rounded out with an Wererat (Ulfwerner) to move enemies around. Finally the big guy went a different direction than most. These Skaven are far too noble to rely on bloodshed to find victory, so their Rat Ogre is heavily armored with a shield grafted to its tail. It has been trained to provide support to its betters and comes with a brutal combo of guard and defensive but no combat or damaging skills. It has been cool to see I hit the nail on the head with his preferred team design as he overcame Neuro's flavorful decaying elves to get to the finals.

If you would like to know more about the team creation rules for PEBBL, please reach out! I've used my moderate excel chops to largely automate the process so all you have to do it click some stuff on drop down menus and make sure you meet the criteria and boom, custom blood bowl team!
kozak

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2024 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

This is quite an unique type of tournament. Love the creativity on the team creation!

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2024 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

kozak wrote:
This is quite an unique type of tournament. Love the creativity on the team creation!

Thanks! I wanted to create a "sort of balanced" environment for everyone to try out their crazy team ideas. It also provides a bit of insight into how good different abilities actually are compared to each other.

If you are interested in checking it out, here is a link to the discord group.

https://discord.gg/5ASkvsxE
kozak

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2024 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
kozak wrote:

Thanks! I wanted to create a "sort of balanced" environment for everyone to try out their crazy team ideas. It also provides a bit of insight into how good different abilities actually are compared to each other.

If you are interested in checking it out, here is a link to the discord group.

https://discord.gg/5ASkvsxE

Thank you for the invite but I'm currently working on my league right now. : )

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2024 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

No worries, we have a role for people just wanting to hang out and play with the team creator tool too. Joining the discord isn't a commitment to playing in the regular season or anything.
 Jump to: