59 coaches online • Server time: 23:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post data on the most use...goto Post NBFL Season 33: Chic...goto Post Replays - Fumbbl Cup
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lokragen

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2024 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there data on fumbll, with all the skills used in the game, to see which one is played or not?
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2024 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

no

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2024 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Without seeing any data, the top 5 skills are (not in any spesific order):
-block
-dodge
-guard
-mighty blow
-tackle

The worst skills are in the passing-skills. People take leader then maybe some other 1 times out of 100.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Lokragen

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2024 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I admit it's especially the one not played that interests me, yes the half in the pass is very little played, like force stuff, not often used
Garion26

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2024 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is by far king particularly based on how often actually used

Wrestle sneaky git dirty player are in the third tier (as the fouling actions come up once per player turn at most barring odd edge cases)
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2024 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The random skill selection option is cool and enjoyed by a lot of people. In order for it to work in a balanced way, the system needs to have some sub-par skills in each group, imho, in order for random skill selection to have some 'risk' associated.

That's my best defense for 'piling-on' and the like, if this turns into a 'these skills are pointless' thread. Piling On & Arm Bar must exist, so that you don't get something as strong as Guard or Mighty Blow with every random roll.

My guess is that no one on FUMBBL has ever taken Arm Bar as a full price skill. Ever. Is it the most popular skill over on BB3 with the Twitch streamers? (poke-jab)

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2024 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This is really the worst argument I can hear to defend skills that are not or little used.

to summarize, you say that as randomness is strong/appreciated, we prefer to make certain skills useless to nerf randomness WTF

Blood bowl skills should all be interesting (of course there will always be some stronger than others) to bring a tactical and strategic contribution to the game, before even thinking about randomness (moreover criticized in BB3 because it unbalances the game in an infinite ladder)
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2024 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lokragen wrote:
This is really the worst argument I can hear to defend skills that are not or little used.

to summarize, you say that as randomness is strong/appreciated, we prefer to make certain skills useless to nerf randomness WTF

Blood bowl skills should all be interesting (of course there will always be some stronger than others) to bring a tactical and strategic contribution to the game, before even thinking about randomness (moreover criticized in BB3 because it unbalances the game in an infinite ladder)

That's the way of the world. Some people like stuff. Others don't.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2024 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see the bad skills made a little better, and then the TV add of chosen skills brought down to 15k/30k, with randoms remaining at 10k/20k. But I get it, yeah. The current system works okay.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2024 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

is the data on skill pickrates still collected? I know many years ago there was some place that had stats on skills picked by race/position or something like that.
 Jump to: