19 coaches online • Server time: 05:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Do I understand properly that part of the goal (or most of it) of the new team page is to limit loading times of team bios?

Some teams have monster sized bios, and they take a long time to load. I get that.

I'm one to enjoy looking at team bios that are really done up well. A bbcode admirer, if you will. From what I can tell, the new version would have you need to click the SHOW drop-down menu to see if a team has a nice bio.

Or maybe there are the first 100 pixels or so showing of longer bio, if there is one?

I also like team logos, and it seems a shame that I can't tell at a glance what logo the team will have on the pitch when they play.

Many teams like a pitch sized logo that effectively 'paints' the pitch squares of their own half. I see the fun in that.

Would it be a good compromise to limit logos to the 'pitch-size' of 450 pixels high and 360 pixels wide, and to actually display a teams logo on the new team page. Having the logo show is nice, but this would give a coach 450 pixels of room beside the logo to display a 'mini-bio' for the team that everyone would see.. perhaps indicating that there would be more to see if one clicks on the drop-down menu.

Maybe each team has a mini-bio and an extended bio.. or maybe the system just knows how to download and display the first 450 (vertical) pixels of any bio.

I dunno.. I'm just hoping to be able to continue my habit of cruising around and looking at lots of team bios when games are scarce, and I'd like to know at a glance which ones are promising.

I also like the idea of trying to come up with a compelling bio with a limited space of 450 by 800 pixels or so.

Just a thought. Several aspects of the new bio page are growing on me. I'm getting use to buying players with the new menu. Pretty slick!

Last edited by The_Murker on %b %07, %2024 - %11:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

A tick box on the show bio section would be nice, so when ticked it shows your team bio on the main screen if you (the owner of the team) want it to be displayed front and centre.

The tick box could be worded something like: "Always display Bio on Team Page"

If it's not ticked then leave the bio accessible as it currently is in the Beta

I love a good bio.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to be able to see at a glance how many games the players have played. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question regarding new team page: is it possible to select the number of the new players hired, if yes, how?
I like to give positionals a specific number like for example for dark elves witch always giving them the numbers #1 and #2, but I don't know how to do this in the interface of the new team page.
If it's not possible, it's not the end of the world, I can live without it, but if it's possible I would prefer to be able to select the numbers of my players when I hire them.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to have a tick option somewhere to use the old team roster page.
The new team page for me has just 1 pro: being able to drag & drop the players and change their position slot in the roster. I'm obsessive-compulsive and I love to order the players by position/number of skills/importance/SPPs etc.
For all the remaining infos I prefer the old team roster page (no offence meant to the new team page and all the work to make it, it's just my own particular and personal preference, I'm an old timer).
The old team page shows at a glance the infos I'm interested to see, this is a huge pro for me.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %07, %2024 - %12:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Gartch wrote:
I have a question regarding new team page: is it possible to select the number of the new players hired, if yes, how?
I like to give positionals a specific number like for example for dark elves witch always giving them the numbers #1 and #2, but I don't know how to do this in the interface of the new team page.
If it's not possible, it's not the end of the world, I can live without it, but if it's possible I would prefer to be able to select the numbers of my players when I hire them.

Can't you select the numbers when you hire them now?

Anyway, you can definitely change the numbers by dragging/dropping players on the roster sheet.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I'd like to have a tick option somewhere to use the old team roster page.
The new team page for me has just 1 pro: being able to drag the players and change their position slot in the roster. I'm obsessive-compulsive and I love to order the players by position/number of skills/importance/SPPs etc.
For all the remaining infos I prefer the old team roster page (no offence meant to the new team page and all the work to make it, it's just my own particular and personal preference, I'm an old timer).
The old team page shows at a glance the infos I'm interested to see, this is a huge pro for me.

The new page may be better for editing a team but for just viewing teams, the old one was better.

It would be nice to have a different read only view option.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The best of both worlds for me would be having the old team page with the drag & drop players option.
That would solve the team bio and team logo problem as well.
When I saw the new team page beta I expected it was needed for Season Re-Draft, but there is no Re-Draft, so, at this point, I'd rather stick to old team page.
Not asking to force everybody to use the old team page, just as an option for people who prefer it.
Gartch

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Can't you select the numbers when you hire them now?

Anyway, you can definitely change the numbers by dragging/dropping players on the roster sheet.

Oh thank you, I did not find it by myself Embarassed

For your question: I did not find a way to select the numbers when hiring, but maybe it just me who did not figured it out Embarassed Laughing
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You can just use the old team page, you can select the player's number there.
Otherwise, use the new team page, drag & drop the players and change their numbers.
Gartch

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
You can just use the old team page, you can select the player's number there.
Otherwise, use the new team page, drag & drop the players and change their numbers.

Yes, before Koadah's and your explanations it's what I was not able to figure out Embarassed

Thank you for the explanations
Gartch

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I like to be able to see at a glance how many games the players have played. Twisted Evil

Me too Wink
BaronBucky

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Strongly agree about the team bios and images. Love the long creative bios.

It's an important part of the hobby for a lot of people. Similar to painting your miniatures rather than playing with an unpainted team. Fluff and personality matter.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

BaronBucky wrote:
Strongly agree about the team bios and images. Love the long creative bios.

It's an important part of the hobby for a lot of people. Similar to painting your miniatures rather than playing with an unpainted team. Fluff and personality matter.

Judging by the amount of teams with serial names played for 15 games only it's not the trend.
We are in the era of Rinse & Repeat Bowl. Very Happy
There are no such things as fluff and personality, heretic! Razz
BaronBucky

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2024 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea there is! Check out leagues! I know it's not many of the teams paying Black Box. I know not everyone cares. But that's why I said "for some people". Leagues have a lot of very fluffed up teams, and you do run into some in C (although most are generic in C).

It's not for everyone but a good amount of people really like the personality aspect of FUMBBL team building and really do care about it.
 Jump to: