40 coaches online • Server time: 09:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Hi total noob heregoto Post It's NOT a Rumb...goto Post Chaos Dwarves are th...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Draft League or Standard Dungeon Bowl
Standard League Dungeon Bowl
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Draft League Dungeon Bowl
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Gridironman

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2024 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Discord is on this league page: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=17174

I need to gauge interest before doing a lot of work over the next 8-10 days.

How many people would like to play with a dungeon bowl team in a draft league.

Pro: You can play in the BCL tournament against other draft league teams from the elf unified roster, (fair) Secret League teams, standard league teams, Stunty Leeg Teams, and potentially a greenskin unified roster (not enough interest for this one I think). 0k gold for the players.

Con: You are limited to x1 Big Guy and being the only dungeonbowl league on site it will be in a draft league which is a fun thing but an additional thing to think about.

How many people would like to play with a dungeonbowl team with seasons implemented in its own ruleset.

Pro: It will still not be dungeonbowl but this separate ruleset will at least allow you to play one of these teams in a league. Every aspect of the league will attempt to make it more in line with the dungeon bowl experience.

Con: Yes, seasons are implemented because the BCS system will at least need draftees from the players that you cut. Players will cost gold.

Note: The standard league style is actually less work on my end--all I'd need to do is download Java's impeccable work on the dungeon bowl rosters rather than making them BCL compliant; which is also okay if there is a push for draft league. The additional ruleset is cool, it does help the BCL with player guided development that goes beyond the 4 skills we would generally like to derive from the existing NCBA 7s league and the open matchmaking version RCI 7s. That being said I want to build the NFL season champion's league for the BCL--it will make things very interesting (all the associated draft leagues send their champ that will rotate out for next season's champ automatically for a nice crunchy league). Which is to say in short, either way your interest will help me get that 6 league minimum for the Super League feature or help the health of the draft classes. At this time, I am adding the old school Stunty Leeg teams made originally by Christer and adapted to 2020 by Mr. James Langley to the draft style XLB and 7s leagues. Those stunty leeg, standard stunty, and secret league stunty XLB teams will square off in a draft league that might already be full so be on the lookout for open slots in that one. Hint for XLB/Xtreme Lustrian Bloodbowl hopefuls a stunty team won the inaugural BCL and people want me to ban it--draft your big guys first and then your TTM threat little guy. Focus on block, break tackle and pro. Cerebrosus says that stunty teams are helped by the cashless positional price of BCL and draft system because players that are hard to skill up get some amazing combos. Really, really excited for XLB play. As far as the greenskin draft league--for all that talk bash coaches are a lot less interested in draft leagues than agility coaches UFL>AFU.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2024 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I see multiple votes, and it is trending standard play (I'm the third vote for standard). Please join the discord at the top eventually. If you prefer direct message me on FUMBBL. I will organize a league once we have at least 4 coaches join. Ideally all 8 colleges of magic will be represented. My only GMing besides making things as close to dungeonbowl as it can get involves forcing unique roster choices. Imagine if it's just 4 College of Death instead of a varied experience? I will choose my roster last as an act of service in this regard.