36 coaches online • Server time: 08:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Struggling Newbgoto Post Setting up a game wi...goto Post data on the most use...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stabbyhotep

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2024 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I've got Covid and may need to do my local league game this week online. I've been working on getting Fumbbl to work and it's been nothing but stress. Hopefully, you all can help because I've gone through the client troubleshooting and it didn't help.

When I try to launch the client to spectate (which is how I am testing this) the first problem I have is that it just keeps downloading the client once I click the spectate and game links. I did the troubleshooting and it didn't fix it.

If I launch the client manually, it connects and tells me I have a server password error.

I'm running the latest version of Java, have the file type properly associated and have set everything according to the troubleshooting article EXCEPT for the setting to disable sponsors on update. I'm on current Windows 64.

What else can I do to get this running? Is it worth it or would I be better of with Tabletop Simulator?

Thanks,

Stabbyhotep
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2024 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The downloaded file is not the client but the config file telling javaws what options to uee like specrator or player and which team etc.

So that has to be downloaded each time.

The client itself is only downloaded once for each version.

The password error means that you are either not logged in or reused an old jnlp file. The stored authentication information can only be used once.

If you need to build a team with skills and injuries you will have to set up a league. There you can edit skills etc. as needed. If you have no special rules in your league and do not need mega stars you can use ruleset 4.

Details about this are in the help section.

Jump to: